PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Can Endgame/Metagame help drive PS2 to continued success?
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-29, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Kumoblade
Corporal

Re: Can Endgame/Metagame help drive PS2 to continued success?

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
"NO ECONOMY" means exactly that.

No fucking economy. It's a goddamn shooter. You get a gun, you go shoot shit, and you fight-die-respawn. The end.

No consumables. No crafting, no fabricating, no making shit. No commodities. No "cash for clunkers". No auction house. Anything that would allow people to log in, sit in the fucking Sanctuary and farm materials - whether it's NTUs, bullet casings, scrap metal, salvaged gear - keep it the fuck out of an FPS. The last thing I want are econo-whores, gold-farmers, and gold-selling spammers.

Keep it simple. Planetside + better graphics, no BFRs, and naval combat.
Its very reassuring to know that Sony will most likely not take this approach, as it would Doom PlanetSide Next to the same fate as PlanetSide. A hack ridden unsupported game.

But hey, At least a new failed game would make ^^^ happy. If your Crusade against anything with an Economy/Dynamic changes would successful it would spell disaster that would make Richard Garriott laugh his ass off and think about making Tabula Rasa 2.

If you got your way though, I hope Sony would save us some face and just put on the packaging of PS: Next "Its Planetside...With better graphics!" so the ones who really hope for a new PlanetSide game don't have to worry about picking it up. =P