PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Can Endgame/Metagame help drive PS2 to continued success?
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-30, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Kumoblade
Corporal

Re: Can Endgame/Metagame help drive PS2 to continued success?

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Riiiiight... Planetside failed because it had no economy.
Wow..... No, it failed because it was 20, no 25, no 40 battle ranks of the same thing over and over with no support, a crappy expansion and then giant robots when barely anybody was left to care.

Whether Planetside was released 6 years ago, 4 years ago, or even in 2 years with just "better graphics" The outcome would be the same.

But I guess I can't say it really failed. It's still up and kicking. but with an abyssmal population.

Never once did I say planetside failed because it didn't have an economy. I said it failed because of what it is. 20+ battle ranks of the exact same thing over and over and over. It was fun for a long while, but it eventually gets old.

Having things to do, objectives, a goal will keep people playing. Having an economy may make you angry and upset, but unless you're willing to pay Sony for all the profit it would lose by NOT having an economy, its probably going to be the way it goes as it will bring Sony money which is what they want. And its what a lot of gamers want as well, with the exception of a few right-wingers who are afraid of change.

And you still can't deny that PlanetSide Next, should it be just PlanetSide with better graphics, would end up in the same bargain bin as PlanetSide.

Good on you for having such Fervor about PlanetSide and wanting to clone it, but after 6 years, it tastes kind of bland, and needs a new flavor.