PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Indoor combat improvements
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-03, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ANaKeR
Private

Re: Indoor combat improvements

Planetside had the problem of players standing around the main doorways waiting for individual enemies to come in and then blowing them to pieces. It usually took a long time for progress to be made. What i would like to see is Invincibility Mode. I'll refer back to Team Fortress 2 when describing this one.

In TF2, the medic has a healing gun that charges as he or she heals fellow players. After a long while healing, the healing gun charges to 100% and the medic can discharge it, making another player and themselves invincible for a short period of time so they can rush.

I would like to see a similar system in Planetside Next. Rushing doesn't often happen because no one wants to be the first one to run in. If you have an invincible guy rushing in first, everyone will follow. This eliminates long stand-offs and adds another element of strategy to the game. Outdoors, it can be an effective way for a soldier to take out a vehicle (hitting its weak point) and for a faction to re-secure the courtyard.

I like the idea of night vision. It would be cool to have rooms that are very dark and flashes from gunfire light it up.

Last edited by ANaKeR; 2009-12-03 at 10:43 AM.