PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - An ORIGINAL Planetside 2
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-19, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: An ORIGINAL Planetside 2

Hmm good point.

However remember that we are having our commanders actually commanding now, not just sitting around bickering while they whore for kills or run with their squads... CR5s dont have to only command planet/galaxy wide; due to CEP decay they can carry on leading squads and the extra command tools cater for that by providing them more equipment to use to directly aid their squads.

CR5 will therefore still be in the population; and they could retain their CR5 chat and then they really will have earned it by actively commanding recently; not 5 years ago.

Say you have just one pop lock; you have at least 1 company commander, 4 platoon leaders, 12 squad leaders and then another 12 squad sergeants. That is 29 people in the zone earning CEP. Sure they don't have to be CR5 but they could be, in fact CR5s should have more experience and also have more tools so they can do a better job leading.

I am happy to make the galactic commander role filled by the CR5s online voting for targets, I just worry it will slow the whole system down and keep it as the bickering and counter globalling we see now; but if the CR5s are actually leading then they have a squad/platoon/company to think about and ensure they are having fun and completing missions.