PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What if maps were constantly lost/created?
View Single Post
Old 2010-11-19, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Vancha
Colonel

Re: What if maps were constantly lost/created?

The first two paragraphs are correct, as is the third (almost) if you accidentally referred to the two new TR home conts as 3/4, having previously called them 1/2.

I said before if TR got pushed back to their two new home conts (which would indeed be "beneath" Cery/Fors), two continents would need to disappear to make space for them (on the map/map selection screens). My original concept assumed NC owned Oshur and had taken Cery, while VS owned Searhus and had taken Fors, upon which Solsar and Amerish would disappear and NC would claim Oshur as their replacement home cont (being the closest cont to Hossin), while VS would claim Searhus as their replacement home cont (being the closest cont to Esamir)...

Of course with your scenario, if VS owned Cery and Fors while having no bases on any neutral continents, Esamir and Amerish would disappear and they'd be forced to take Cery+Fors as home continents...Which would get very messy...Unless the lattices re-jiggled themselves to compensate, then it would work, but it'd be confusing as hell as warp-gates kept re-assigning themselves.

Thus the reason I should have simply outlined the problem rather than coming up with a solution. My solutions are always complicated and terrible.