PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - NC tank screenshots
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-24, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Re: NC tank screenshots

To whomever said that they get 200 FPS. Bull-F'ing-Shizzle.

I have a monster rig, I'm not trying to show off, its an overclocked monster. It demolishes ARMA 2, Crysis and in Bad Company it will hit 160-200 FPS almost all the time.

In Planetside in a 2010 battle (150 tops) I get 60 FPS with full settings, I'd rather they spent the time optimizing rather than getting the graphics looking OMGSOKEWL. The main thing isn't the scenery, I get up to 600/700 FPS in sanctuary but even this comes crashing down when numbers get high. The fact that there are hundreds of guys firing/animating/driving tanks/exploding means that this game is far more stressful than any other. In Bad Company 2 you are probably gonna have about 10 people fighting at any given second and they will use their ammo sparingly, in Planetside you can have 300 people easily (in glory days PSide) spraying and bombarding a base with a constant stream of rounds.

Anyway I'll copypasta my ideas, the graphics look great as shown already they are easily on par with the detailing on the Bad Company 2 M1A2 Abrams.

Begin copypasta from rock paper shotgun

"f you want the average PC to be anywhere near capable of running the game the graphics are gonna have to be below the top class at least, if not below average. Jeez just look at WoW it looks like shit and still its the most popular game.

As for the tank it’s a vanguard, I played planetside from 2003-2010 and you can see the obvious 150mm cannon of the vanguard along with the dual 20mm coaxial recoilless cannons and its general low profile. It looks like its got a gritty reboot and its lost its bright white/gold colour scheme and gained grey/blue, this is INCREDIBLY important information.

1) The NC are in the game, logically that means that the old empires are still there, good.

2) The units are probably gonna be similar, but with a more realistic/modern reboot, this version of the vanguard looks far more like a proper MBT than the other, it has a large long barrelled cannon, it’s no longer massively wide and has a much bigger central turret and looks pretty mean which is good. I’m a fan of the design however as a TR player I hope the Prowler is made to look less like a fat cake and more like a deadly tank.

3) If the NC is present then the battle must be on auraxis or post-auraxis as they were formed on the planet. If the NC exist the TR must exist since they are the only reason the NC exist, however the setting is not necessarily auraxis. The new picture shows a much higher tech battletank that looks less makeshift than the Vanguard of olde, I reasoned that the vehicles in Planetside were so makeshift because basically everyone on the planet were scientists and civillian explorers so they just cobbled together what they could, this tank looks like it is an actual MBT that is in general service. Perhaps Earth got into contact with Auraxis and reinforcements arrived, the NC and VS have garnered support from the opressed peoples of Earth and the Terran Republic has a full blown war/uprising going on, centred on Auraxis and trying to gain full control of the respawning technology/nanotechnology.

4) Finally perhaps the grey colour isn’t for aesthetics, maybe its a camoflague for Urban terrain, what if Auraxis has been built up by extra colonisation, or maybe there is war in the devastated suburbs of an Earth based megalopolis"