PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PlanetSide Next Mosquito Exclusive
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-12, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
LordReaver
First Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide Next Mosquito Exclusive

Originally Posted by tkoreaper View Post
You guys ever thought that maybe in PS:N vehicles won't be different by color alone?

For example, look at today's Prowler and Vanguard. The Prowler has a rounded model whereas the Vanguard is more blocky and square. Now take a look at the PS:N version of the NC's Reaver and the TR's Mosquito. The Reaver is much more blocky than the Mosquito and I think it has to do with it being a NC Reaver.

This could easily explain the huge difference in model design and why the color doesn't stick out much.
That's exactly what I've always wanted to see in PS and the first thing I thought when I looked at the screen.

In gameplay terms, there's no reason to not have different looking models that function the same way. My dream is for an empire specific model for every vehicle that functions like the empires philosophy, but then also have a common pool variant as well. That's obviously excessive on development though.

On a different note, I'm really interested to learn how these aircraft work. The reaver has skids, but the gal and mossy have wheels. Yet the mossy and reaver both look VTOL, where the gal doesn't (I thought the gal kind of looked like it had flaps).