PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Virtual Reality Training [Try before you buy]
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-21, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
GoldDragon
Corporal

Virtual Reality Training [Try before you buy]

Okay, so I've actually given a lot of though as to what the VR does for us. Apart from letting us see what weapons and vehicles are available, not to much. Here is my proposal...

Virtual Reality

1. Shooting Range - Familiarize yourself with the available weaponry.
2. Vehicle Range - Familiarize yourself with available vehicles and their controls.
3. Training Scenarios - Face AI's of varied difficulties to learn combat basics. Training Scenarios can be entered as an individual or as a squad.

3.1 - Infantry - A series of conflicts in which the user faces AI's using various tactics and weapons depending on the difficulty chosen.
3.2 - Vehicles - Same as infantry, though the user can pick a vehicle and their position in the vehicle.
3.3 - Aircraft - Same as previous two only in regards to aircraft.

I feel having this third option in VR would be the most beneficial to older players and those wishing to refine their tactics before trying them in the field. It would also allow squads to develop team tactics as well. While I recognize this IS NOT necessary to the game's livelihood, I do think that it would make the VR more practical.

Feedback anyone?