PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Galaxy
Thread: The Galaxy
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-23, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Teek
Private

Re: The Galaxy

Firstly, huuuge ego boost that Hamma actually agrees with me.

Secondly, I think the Galaxy as a supplier would work, even with the AMS, because your AMS should be intended as a stealthy insertion point, not as a true supply station. It's one thing to get some gear from it when you spawn, another if you're trying to re-arm or repair a vanguard.

Thirdly, this might sound a little nuts, but what if the certs for air craft were to be re-arranged? Have support craft like the Galaxy or the Lodestar come up first, and then later get the reaver. Not sure where the mossie would go, probably pretty early, but it should definitely require light armor to pilot, because it's a recon craft. That or remove bail outs as they are now.

I've suggested in other threads that maybe a small dropship should be included too (maybe like the phantasm, I never got to use it, so I don't really know about it). I could see this working out as a tree of certs, where you need to spec the more team-work oriented craft first (starting with small dropship and mossie, then moving up to galaxy, liberator, lodestar, wasp, reaver.) Point of the whole process should be that if you want to be a pilot, you shouldn't get the killing machines first, right? Maybe that's just me.