PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Virtual Reality Training [Try before you buy]
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-23, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
GoldDragon
Corporal

Re: Virtual Reality Training

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
It falls to the individual player to find out how to play the game. My biggest tip to brand new players is, find a good outfit. Not every outfit cares about new people, and not every outfit even cares enough to be serious. Which is fine - for every outfit that doesn't, there's an outfit that does. Some go the whole mile, like Warrior Nation, Dragonwolves, BWC, etc. Others just have a bunch of pro-tips. Diff'rent strokes, etc.
I understand that and appreciate it, but does that really merit not including the tool should people want to take advantage of it? I'm just wondering if the idea doesn't appeal to you specifically because you don't see your unit using it. I don't mean this negatively but do you have a reason outside of that for disagreeing with the implementation of a more advanced VR? I would love having something like this to help train my outfit, but if no one else has a use or can see a use for it than I suppose it really loses it's merit to anyone else.

(Just looking to understand your perspective on this atm)