PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Beta Signups Re-opened!
View Single Post
Old 2003-02-22, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by MrVulcan
I do however think that the open will be here by march 31, and what is the diff? Playing PS is playing PS, even if we dont have to pay for it for a few days
I doubt we will all get in first off.

Secondly, at one point the producers letter said that Open Beta would start March 2nd, however, since then it has been editted out.

This does tell me though that they are pushing like mad to finish. They could easily go gold the day they do external, most of those patches are server side, and those that aren't can be patched after buying the game.

After they go gold, it takes 2-3 weeks to get the game in stores, depending on how hard they push. That means if they go gold by March 14th (which is 3 weeks of internal testing), and start open beta then, they could have it on shelves by March 31st (which gives 2 weeks of open beta).

They can make it, since they are 100% feature finished, the betas will be fairly short. All they are doing now is balancing features, which they could always do after release, doing bug fixes, which they can do after release, and giving the server side stress test and fixing their server coding, which they really have to do before release.

It is still possible for them to make it, and don't count them out yet.