PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Stationary Battles
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-19, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Stationary Battles

Battles in Planetside vary from quick pace and fast changing in location across the continent to stalemates over one area for a long time. This thread is to provide ideas to make those stationary stalements bit more interesting.

So far we have the deployable manned turret from engineering but this could be taken some steps further. Optional small buildings/protection/weapons/support.

Some of the have been discussed in previous threads and can be found on some websites like Planetside Upgrade I believe its called that have small deployable stations of a variety of uses and designs. With these and adding more say turrets or gun nests of different types, small secure almost base like locations can appear anywhere for those long fights and giving a tactical point of control or loss. I can picuture a small tent like structure as supply/comm support with some gun nests/turrets around it and even small sandbag or whatever walls for players to hide behind. And it being attacked from all sides by enemy fire.

I think things like this will only add to the Planetside experience and give some memorable "Last Stand" moments