PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Sniper Skill Tree.....Please include Headshots and Prone
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-09, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Vancha
Colonel

Re: Sniper Skill Tree.....Please include Headshots and Prone

Originally Posted by Planetside View Post
So they will suck sniping moving targets unless the guys is super amazing.
So straight away you've admitted headshots aren't for skillful players benefit (since moving targets are the "hard" targets). If headshots are nigh-impossible to land on moving targets, then you're saying headshots are for use against stationary targets, the main benefactors being the bad snipers who can only hit a still target.

Now non moving targets like u mentioned......Like I said ur accuracy is going to suck hard so each time u move ur gun, ur accuracy will screw up alot, the crosshairs wont be minimized for a while.

So while ur waiting to get ur gun to be accurate, a sniper can either kill u with a headshot or if he doesnt have headshot skill, hurt u and screw up your aim.
"A while" doesn't tell me much. You're going to need one hell of a slow resting crosshair to make that balanced. Almost impractically so.

Also, if an enemy sniper knows where you are, and you're waiting for your crosshair to rest on any target other than that sniper, you're doing something very wrong.

Also players will learn to move and not just camp.
Firing from behind cover is something I expect to exist in PS2. It may have faster-paced combat, but I doubt the front line will be changing so quickly that the majority of people never stop long enough for your "a while" crosshair to rest on their heads.

Edit: Aw damn. In the process of writing one of my overly lengthy replies, Firefly comes along and kills the guy.

Last edited by Vancha; 2011-07-09 at 08:08 PM.