PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Sniper Skill Tree.....Please include Headshots and Prone
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-09, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Dreamcast
Major

Re: Sniper Skill Tree.....Please include Headshots and Prone

Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
It doesn't matter if another "normal" sniper can kick his ass.

If the "headshot" sniper can farm infantry with headshots it is not fair to the infantry.

Having a counter does not make it intrinsically balanced.

The thing is it will be hard....You specially when considering the other team has other snipers. So when the Headshot SNiper is aiming at infintry, a regular sniper would've just shot him......Also Infantry will learn to move around alittle bit more....Like I said the accuracy on the gun is going to be awful.

Originally Posted by Volw View Post
Do we have to have a bloke called Planetside spreading blasphemy?

Headshots won't happen. In real life, you are so often referring, real snipers take headshots extremely rarely. Centre of mass shot is considered as kill shot most of the time. Mostly because of a simple hit probability.

The only way I'd be fine with headshots is if they include ALL physics. Just to name a few: wind, elevation, air temp, pressure, humidity, spin drift, magnus effect etc. etc.

And since they won't as it's not a sim (!), then I'm against 'pro' snipers like yourself ruining the game for everyone else.

Edit: ahh, you were faster @Firefly
Read what the guy said that I quote....he mentioned Real Snipers use patience which PS1 simulates....I said Real Snipers who do headshots which are very hard to do which PS2 should replcate....I didn't say Sniper only do headshots, I said Sniper do them and they are hard so PS2 should do them hard.