PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - looting "makes it alot more of a balance nightmare"
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-10, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: looting "makes it alot more of a balance nightmare"

I get where matt is coming from. but i still agree afew people rolling around as VS with MCGs or jacks isnot a gamebreaker.

what they mean its hard to balance is, planetside always went for a starcraft sort of balance to it, while an empire may have a specific advntage with one gun, they makup for it with their weakness in another.

For example:

NC is strongest at close range, as such they are on of the best empires for indoor fighting with the scatt max and jackhammer, but they're not as good on the field, they have the phoenix for AV which makes whem weak to air, combined with the sparrow who is really only good at long open ranges. but to kill a hponic user as infantry you need to get in close, where they will easily mow you down with high powered vanguard shells and gauss rifles.

The TR is best on the field, they have long range weapons and their AV provides good decent air and vehcile cover, while the burster is a decent max for aircover, i really think the TR take the VSs role as most versitle since the MCG is still good at closer ranges.

The VS, have strong AV with the magrider and lancer and strong AA with the starfire, but are weaker indoors and lack a decent AI gun on the mag, this is madeup with the aroua though, and the strong AV is madeup with lack of highpowered gold ammo.

you can kinda see what they were going for, each empire has its strengths and weaknesses...but i think they still failed.