PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Some new interview with Matt Higby + character customization
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-21, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Re: Some new interview with Matt Higby + character customization

Great find, OP, I love seeing new info every few days like this!

The outfit towers are welcome news, and the super-long skill trees are also very exciting. I always felt that longer character development would benefit PlanetSide, and they seem to be right on the money with PS2. In a persistent world, you start to become a little disconnected as soon as you've unlocked everything and you're no longer earning abilities or experience points.

I'm pumped that I'll be able to pursue a "flight" skill tree for months, making my character better and better, and when I want to switch roles to infiltrator or medic, I can simply change my focus and continue bettering the same character. I also see this as a better system than PS had, because before you could simply untrain skills and sudden go from Gal pilot to combat engie/hacker in 24 hours, for example. In PS2 you'll have to truly LEARN the skills you want to use, and when you see someone's name you can recognize what they're working on and what they are good at.

-HC13