PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What's your role going to be?
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-21, 08:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: What's your role going to be?

As for the 20% vet bonus, it's really the wrong way to go. It's ok for a vet to have more options and all that, but the time you give vet a 20% more firepower cos they've played more, you are guaranteed to have doomed reviews and lots of bad word of mouth. It was seen in APB, even if the vet would've destroyed the new player just the same with stock gear (thus the question arise, why the need for extra firepower?), everybody used the upgrades as a scapegoat.

So once again, keep any veteran benefits as horizontal, never as pure power upgrades.

As for actually on topic, recently in Planetside I've been a deeply specced engineer for the most parts cos I couldnt get much done in 1v1 combat. Generally speaking "ground support", AMS & ANTs, repairs, CE&FDU. Looking forward to also be air support.

If/when the gunplay will be better in PS2, looking forward to simply just be a grunt more as well.

Never been fan of leading, I'm the type of person who's better at executing what somebody else tells me to do.

Last edited by Coreldan; 2011-07-21 at 08:03 AM.