PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Flight VTOL
Thread: Gameplay: Flight VTOL
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-25, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Re: Flight VTOL

Umm....helicopters. The current ps1 vehicles are all heli style vehicles not vtols/planes.

Helicopters act just like reavers. They arent "fixing" things by changin how they fly they are just changin them to planes instead of helicopters. (although i havent heard that all aircraft will be "planes" they may still have the heli style but with more realistic physics/controls)

Heli style vehicles need to be in the game in some fashion. Attack choppers would be much more effective, versatile, and fun than just a flyby airplane which is not only boring but the damage output has to be so stupidly high that it makes it rather lame and you need fire-and-forget style lock-on weapons to make that work which isnt really fun gameplay wise. There are other ways to make it work tho, so not countin it out.

Honestly they should stay as heli style vehicles with a few that fly like planes/VToL's, just make em much harder to control. I've played many games with helicopters that took skill to fly well. Noobs just literally crashed and burned.

And air should be scary to infantry. If im on foot and i see an Apache gunship comin up on me, then someone is gonna be cashin in on my life insurance policy shortly.

But by the same token, infantry should be able to fight back. Infantry AA etc can balanced that. Also tweaking damage of the weapons of the aircraft to be less effective vs infantry unless thats what that vehicle is designed for. (such as the mossie which cant kill vehicles but does well versus infantry)