PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Ideas on Day/Night, Night Vision and Certs
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-29, 09:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

Re: Ideas on Day/Night, Night Vision and Certs

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
This kind of rolls into the other thread...

http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36841

No matter which kind of night we get, I think a night "vision" would be bad. Keep it to scopes or flashlights, or something.

And as usual, absolutely, positively, requiremently...no grainy green night vision.

I'm not sure if it's popped up in any of the night time threads either, beyond a stray comment from Nukem, but there could also be a fair amount of ambient light sources at night, be they from luminescent trees, plants and creatures or lighting on armours or vehicles...perhaps even irradiation from plasma and such.

Imagine similar lighting for the head of a MAX suit, for example.

As far as night vision "skills", I could see that being tied into particular classes (infiltrators, recon etc.) rather than having it's own tree.
you dont put lights near your eyes if your in the dark. it makes visability even worse. you direct the light where you wanna see.

and i dont fully agree with your post either. i dont wanna see some green spec night vision or white on gray thermal but i think some kinda. ambient tint brighting with a peice of equipment would be alright.