PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gillie Suit
Thread: Gillie Suit
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-11, 05:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Elude
First Sergeant

Re: Gillie Suit

First of all we have no idea how the drop pods for squad spawning will exactly work, they might drop you 50 meters from your squad leader or more, they might even drop you right on top of him. We also don't know how fast they will come out of the sky or how large or small they will be. We do however know that you will see more drop pods coming down then you once did in the first game, we know this because of the inclusion of squad spawning.

As for reavers attacking spawning drop pods... We have no idea how these will work either, one of the early screenshots of Planetside 2 suggested that they could possibly be a two man vehicle like an Apache helicopter(if that really was a reaver). The pilot may fly over to a drop pod in hopes to destroy whatever player spawned from it, but that's truly up to the gunner.

We also do not know how reavers will maneuver this time around, but we do know they will be more difficult to fly according to the developers. Lets also not forget that unlike the first game, Planetside 2's landscape according to the developers will have much more vertical gameplay, this suggests that there will be many more places to hide, and less open death traps.

I believe a reaver would not last 5 minutes in the air if he were circling around drop pod locations looking for you in Planetside 2.

Just my assumption.

Last edited by Elude; 2011-08-11 at 05:30 AM.