PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Vanu Mechanized Assault Exo-Suit (MAX) Ideas.
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-20, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

Re: Vanu Mechanized Assault Exo-Suit (MAX) Ideas.

Originally Posted by Brusi View Post
I like the idea of empire specific forms (animations) of autorun for MAX units instead of all having the same goofy "press q" auto-legs...

Vanu MAX units could have the anime-mech style skating thing perhaps? Thats not what you are talking about when you say linear boost, is it? You mean as a special ability to replace jump-jets?
That is essentially what I am getting at. More control over how your thrusters on a Vanu max make you move, whether you want to go up, side to side, or forward.

I just think it would be silly to have something as spaceship-looking having slow lumbering performance like the TR's Juggernaut suit and the NC forklift-cobbled tank of an exo-suit.

And not the short kinda lame boosts on the current Vanu, really short sweet boosts, similar to the video provided about SPESS MEHREENES above, boosts that look menacing, like the MAX armor does.

Yes, in reality blinking might be too far, but you have to admit it has a certain value of awesome, and details like that (for each empire) can really define the game as unique not just in scale, but in material gameplay. Perhaps there could be a steep warm-up period and maybe some kind of penalty in armor for using the ability, that sort of thing.

Besides, the devs have said they want each side to have very different fighting strategies, this would just be one more way to really change the style of one empire at least, and far and away the most "unique" or "unconventional".

For instance I can visualize the TR max being able to "shoulder" things out of the way with a charge, dealing damage or "relocating" a vehicle.

And the NC one..... can have a shotgun! o.o

Last edited by RedKnights; 2011-08-20 at 03:20 AM.