PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Chinese Interview with John Smedley
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-20, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #263
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Re: Chinese Interview with John Smedley

Originally Posted by evok View Post
I highly doubt they would do something where drops are out of the blue, or enemies dropping weapons they weren't even carrying. The way I look at it, they would do something like weapons and other items hidden inside crates. Crates could be at bases, and only empires that were not controlling the base would be allowed to break them open. It would give more meaning to attacking enemy bases.
From my lunch interview with Higby, it sounds like there will be "Points Of Interest" scattered around. He gave a "wrecked galaxy" as an example. Maybe it'll have some resources in its hold you could pick up.

But this could be a way to introduce New Weapons. The cargo hold could have some "experimental stuff that was en route from A to B and was shot down".

Heck, the auto mission system could even generate competing missions for all three empires to go get them from some place off in BFE. Preferably near the middle of the map, or a front line. They spawn some galaxy way above the flight ceiling, and it comes in smoking, maybe one of the engines explodes, and down it goes in some contested location.

Or it goes down deep inside the territory controlled by Empire A. Empire B and C get the competing orders. Hilarity Ensues.