PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Science vs Religion
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-22, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Wahooo
Captain

Re: Science vs Religion

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I don't see any charities, shelters, and support intitutions in the name of Science either.
But religious institutions don't have a monopoly on these either. I'll give in that yes they have done a lot through history on this front but it is not exclusive to religious groups either.

Science isn't a religion. It isn't a replacement of a religion. It's simply a logical means by which we study our world.
And that is all I need. I'd love it if religious zelots understood that science isn't a religion, and most scientists don't treat it as such.
However, science is used as an excuse by Atheist missionaries in their quest to attack other religions, persecute their followers, and push their ideology, which makes them no different than the religions which they so hate.
And by attacking and pushing their ideology do you mean such hate filled things as defending evolution and trying to keep such crack brained ideas like "intelligent design" out of public schools? Maybe some individuals attack religion and try to justify their attack in the name of science but the scientific world really does not give a rats ass about religion until it starts to interfere with and fuck up with scientific education.
Persecuting others simply for having a religion or particular ideology with no other reasons than that is still the property of the religious. It seems to be part of that whole faith stuff.