PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Improvement: Additional voice macros
Thread: Improvement: Additional voice macros
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-25, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

Re: Additional voice macros

I was just browsing through these, and I did not see "Follow Me" anywhere, which got me thinking...

I am envisioning a ton of new players that aren't sure what to do, and having seasoned players be able to give them tactical direction will be really good.

Things such as the following would be good directives. (Not necessarily said this exact way)
"Suit up in Heavy Armor"
"Refill Your Ammo"
"Follow Me"
"Give Suppressing Fire"
"Pull Vehicles"
"Pull Aircraft"
"Move Inside"
"Move Outside"
"Stay Together"
"We go on. . . three. . . two. . . one. . . GO GO GO!"

Pretty much voice macros are used to replace common statements that are made in non-combat situations (like: Greetings, Hail, Excellent) or for replacing commands in combat situations (like: follow me, defend the control console, repair our generator, incoming troops, we need repairs).

The point that I am making is that having commands for non-combat situations is probably not needed in the voice macro list. Example: "Use a Cert Terminal". This is probably not needed as there should be time to write it out and it is not common. Also, the command is probably not explicit enough. (You probably want to tell them to cert a particular thing.) In combat, macros like I outlined about really should be included so you can shout them at people while running and gunning.