PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What is the most important part of Planetside?
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-02, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Xyntech
Brigadier General

What is the most important part of Planetside?

I think that the most important part of Planetside is the huge number of players all fighting together.

I tend to look at everything that the developers and other players say about PS2 from the angle of "Will this help Planetside 2 have more players or fewer?"

I want to have as many players as possible at launch and I want them to stick around for a long time as well.

I say bravo to the developers if they attract new players from more casual games. They will provide us with more targets to shoot at, plus a fair number of them may stick around for a while if their mind is opened to a deeper level of underlying game play that they never found in other shooters.

So do I WANT kill cams? Not really, but they could be fun. Do I want solo MBT's? Not even slightly, but I wouldn't mind them at all if they were well balanced. Do I want a Planetside 2 where pop lock is rare and it's hard to find a really big battle? NO. FUCK that.

A graphics and net code overhaul would not attract a lot of new players. I think Planetside 2 will be able to. This is where I am coming from any time I am arguing in favor of something that will be different from the first game.

Maybe with a little understanding we can figure out if we agree on any of the core principals that we think will make or break PS2.

So what do you think is most important?