PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-08, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #240
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Well lets take the lightning for example.... its a light tank.
Okay a lightning is a light tank. That's great. It's less than a large tank and because of that it has both a cannon and a gatling gun. AV and AI that are balanced.

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
A AV max can solo it and why would this mech have less powerful rockets than an AV max but then you also want to give it AI weapons.
Limited rockets and they'd be fired all at once rather than one at a time is how I'd prefer. Taking it all into account they'd do more DPS than an AV max up close, but less as the range falls off. Regarding AI I'm not sure it would be all too effective. I was imagining them using their armor piercing guns to shoot infantry but they wouldn't be that effective. As in they could kill stupid infantry that get close, but they aren't really going to be sniping infantry. Their accuracy wouldn't allow it. I'd assume the rockets would be more effective at damaging infantry from afar or close when not using them to kill armored targets. (Their guns allow allow them to take shots at infantry).

As I said this all comes down to balance and the types of weapons. An AV max would still pose a threat to the vehicle. Remember to keep in mind though that AV maxes can go inside and strafe inside doorways where a mech can't go.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2011-10-08 at 05:42 PM.