PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-09, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #261
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
So the main features are:
1. Able to negotiate dense and uneven terrain
2. Able to mitigate damage by presenting different components to the enemy.
That would depend on balance. I mean the VS Magrider is hovering. There's no real reason it can't go over terrain a Prowler or Vanguard can't. If it makes sense then the mech could traverse steeper inclines. Then again I'd prefer a momentary vertical jet as an upgrade for getting on top of difficult to reach terrain. That would give players more choices when upgrading.

About mitigating damage that's more of a side effect. A tank and other vehicles will have the same options. (Driving backwards so you don't get shot on the weaker armor in the back if they have weaker armor like that).

I'd say the big thing would be strafing and easy maneuverability in forests and other terrain and the ability to dodge normal dumb fired weapons.

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
if you haven't figured it out yet, 75% of the ppl responding to this thread voted no.
I understand that some people, like yourself, don't like mechs, and I've acknowledged that. I personally like Mad Cat designed mechs and think they'd be an excellent addition to the vehicles in PS2. I'm pretty sure the people against having mechs could deal with it if they were added.