PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Systems: Outfit Warships
Thread: Systems: Outfit Warships
View Single Post
Old 2011-11-03, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Outfit Warships

......hmmmmm.....good points. I blindly ignored the "balance" issue that pretty much is the universal element to PS.

I LOVE the Outfit Warship idea. I like the idea of giving defenders the ability to deter or repel Warships to some degree.

I think OS should not be available without your Outfit Warship to deliver it. OS is a great perk to those who EARN it, but it's not much of a balanced ability. If OS were limited to the presence of your Outfit Warship over head (and uncloaked) it would make it a little more difficult to launch a surprise OS. However, if it was an unusually large and hardfought base fight - then the courtyard could be prime OS fodder for any Warship memebr.....

There would have to be proximity rules/heirerarchy to Outfit Warships. If NC WARSHIP EVILPIG-1 was the first to a certain point over a base - it retained the right to remain there - until repelled with appropriate defender counter measures. Any other NC Outfit WARSHIP could "share" the same exact coordinate (think of the WARSHIPS "stacking" above each other). As the lowest to the ground is repelled the next Empire WARSHIP assumes the prime drop spot - closest to the target. "Stacked" WARSHIPS can all hot drop....it just takes longer to hit the ground....add 10 seconds per each WARSHIP....?

If all NC WARSHIPS are repelled from that coordinate - then, the next closest OUTFIT WARSHIP (from whatever Empire) can move in and assume new priority over that spot for their Outfit, and also their Empire....sort of a "squatters rights" sort of thang....

I like the Warship Invite idea. Other Outfits in your Empre could "invite" you to visit their WARSHIP - it would have to be LIMITED - only HIGH RANKING OUTFIT MEMBERS could "invite" someone to visit their WARSHIP. It'd be a cool way to inspire each other. And yes, there could be a huge message board in the lobby/drop pod/warpgate area of the Warship where the Directive-of-the-Day .... or of the precise momnet was prominently displayed.

Last edited by Chaff; 2011-11-03 at 12:00 PM.