PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Dev Chat with Amit Patel
Thread: News: Dev Chat with Amit Patel
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-06, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Dev Chat with Amit Patel

Originally Posted by Trolltaxi View Post
I meant by fine tuning the old PS system, where you could pick your weapons and equipment, place it into the inventory, add medpacks, or more ammo etc.

But with PS2 class system I have always thought that you will have a standard "medic" or "pilot" or "engi" equipment - though you can pretty much costumize your weapon - and there will be no "backpack" to sort your inventory.
His post indicates what I have figured all along. Weapon customization is obviously new (and cool), but the rest are more like limited versions of the customization we had before.

Abilities = Implants
Well, implants and possibly things like healing team mates and setting up turrets. Still, just think of it as things that certain classes can do, that not everyone may be able to do, unlike implants which were one size fits all. You still get to choose which ones you use, within your classes available choices.

Items = Inventory
We won't be getting freeform inventories where we can stash an extra rifle up our ass, but the removal of freeform inventories doesn't mean we won't be able to customize what items we are carrying.

Of course, we may be more limited in what we carry, such as only being able to carry up to a certain amount of med kits or grenades, but it's still not a completely rigid lack of loadout customization.

I too would like to see some extreme examples of how diverse the loadout customization can get.

Like giving us to examples of the same class, but with radically different weapons, abilities and items.