PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Higby Wants Your Thoughts on Iron Sights for FPS.....
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-06, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: Higby Wants Your Thoughts on Iron Sights for FPS.....

Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
Well generally yes I can say that the quake series definitely is a lot more skillful then any bf cod game or any of the like. While surely they take more smarts as far as the cross-hair plays in the game, having a steady aim and always on target is definitely a lot harder then 3 shots spraying an MG and getting a kill.
That's sorta the thing. In quake kinda games the biggest skill is in aiming and that's about it. The skill focuses elsewhere in games like BF/CoD (neither being anywhere near my favourite shooters anyways, though).

When anyone can just as easily "lol 3 shot spray" you to death, the skilled people are those who get the kills without dying themselves. In low TTK games it's more about reactions, twitch aiming, cover, location and even teamwork.

I'm not saying that the "non quake games" require less skill, but to imply that tracking a target is the only thing that requires skill in gaming is wrong too.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube