PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Higby Wants Your Thoughts on Iron Sights for FPS.....
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-06, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Higby Wants Your Thoughts on Iron Sights for FPS.....

Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
Still that CoD video doesnt really do any justice. Complete different gameplay. Planetside definitely had the arcadey feel to it.

Watch both movies and look at what takes more skill? I personally find the battlefield games boring cause they provide no challenge. Dying in one to 2 shots is extremely frustrating and to accomplish-able by any individual playing the game. To be good at quake or even planetside it didnt necessarily take a lot of time and effort but there was a nice learning curve that always had you challenged. The need for you to want to land every shot as opposed to dumping a clip down an alley way while going prone to spray your enemy down does not appeal to me in any fashion.
Yea i agree with those points, espeically in an MMO setting, iv killed upto 12 people with a clip of low damage lasher rounds(well got the KB) by just spraying...god knows what you could do in PS2 if everybody just fell over in a bullet.

I think having a high TTK in PS2 is going to be necessary because of ping issues and just that there are so many people in a battle.

I think games like brink, Global agenda and The agency have acceptable TTK times for an MMO, they also require more teamwork since people live longer and you can call targets and focus fire, which maybe the case for MAXES.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2012-01-06 at 05:23 PM.