PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Higby Wants Your Thoughts on Iron Sights for FPS.....
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-06, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
MpS
Private

Re: Higby Wants Your Thoughts on Iron Sights for FPS.....

Honestly it will really depend on how the developers go about implementing them. There are a lot of sentiments here that I agree with on both sides, yes it slows down combat, it does add to immersion, if done improperly it will end up with everybody in iron sights constantly. However until we really see how the developers actually end up going about them in the game we really shouldn't be judging them quite so harshly. There certainly are a lot of situations that can screw it up, and I'm sure its challenging to find a balance between iron sights and hip fire, but until the game comes out and we see how they implemented the iron sights there really isn't much to say on whether they belong in planetside 2 or not.

Its all about implementation, if they implement the iron sights correctly to maintain a good balance between using the sights or firing from the hip then I say hell yes let them stay as I do like having ironsights myself. But if the opposite is true in that you need to constantly be using them in order to get a kill I would say remove them as that is not planetside.