PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why you shouldn't plan on playing PlanetSide 2 on a laptop
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-26, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: Why you shouldn't plan on playing PlanetSide 2 on a laptop

The point of a gaming laptop isnt so much in the mobility of being able to play it while yogaing and going through kamasutra, they are called "desktop replacements" more often than not for a reason.

You still use them at the table, the reason why you choose a laptop is that you end up moving around the system so much, that a desktop isnt worth it.

I had a 4kg 17" ASUS gaming laptop for 2½ years with a seperate coooler (CoolerMaster Notepal Infinite, can recommend if you need a laptop cooler) for it. It all fit into the backpack I got with the computer. I had no intention to ever use it anywhere but on the table, but it was absolutely crucial for me to be able to just pack it into a single backpack and get moving with it, all this while still being able to play any modern day game.

My biggest gripe with them is how you can't upgrade em and how expensive it gets to get a brand new one every 2 years to keep up to date.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube