PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - IMO KillCam killing the Game
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-31, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: IMO KillCam killing the Game

Its not something I personally would have thought of including, but I do not see how anyone who has played PS1 can say it would ruin the game. PS is in no way known for stealthy, tactical gameplay. You wore bright colorful armor and shot weapons with huge bright tracers, or projectiles that showed up on radar, had a wide array of methods of detection, and could sit dead in places for 5 minutes gathering intel. Oh, and the killspam.

The information gathering abilities of this are vastly overblown. The vast majority of the time it will be immediately obvious who killed you, or at least where it came from. The small amount of time where you or your friends didn't witness the killers location, you mostly won't care because there are tons of other threats in the battlefield. I'm finding it very hard to think up circumstances where the conditions of not knowing where the shots came from and getting valuable intel from said knowledge(such as something going on in the background), and nobody else had access to said knowledge, are met.

I also find it hilarious that people equate this with BF3/CoD, and then say its bad. PS is in the same class of games as BF/CoD, that mix between arcadey and realism, except that PS is further towards arcadey.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-01-31 at 01:35 AM.