PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Better Stealther Gameplay
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-01, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
HitbackTR
Sergeant

Re: Better Stealther Gameplay

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
This seems to be really difficult for people to understand. It's not a question of effectiveness. Not once did I say "cloakers in PS1 were bad". I said their gameplay was poorly done and it was a missed opportunity to make something cool and interesting that played more like actual stealth-action titles.

I know it was a lot of words, but it would be really cool if people would either read it and respond, or just not respond, as it's sort of repetitive having to constantly restate stuff that was in my original post.
Cloaker gameplay was fine in Planetside, and it could often be a rewarding and pulse pounding experience to play one. And how is creeping around a battlefield killing people or blowing shit up not 'stealth action'? Its a completely different playstyle in which one's enjoyment is not subject to 'outwitting' AI which is always sub-par, (as in games such as Thief, Deus Ex: H.R., etc). Instead you were pitted against to human intelligence of the likes you will find which made the cloaker hugely rewarding to play.