PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Sniping Mechanics and Headshots
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-07, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Re: Sniping Mechanics and Headshots

Haha, i dont know where everyone is pulling WIND DIRECTION from. What do you think this is, Worms? You really think we are going to be licking our thumbs and waiting for a breeze to die down to take a shot?

My only thought on sniping is, i want to be useful against MAX's. I didnt mind getting killed by inftantry, if i had missed my chance i deserved to. And i didnt mind being useless against vehicles, makes sense, although headshots on pilots would be a godsend.

But MAX's spotting my location and sprinting for a whole minute to get to me, with me landing bullet after bullet on them. Only for them to get in range, kill me and then walk away with no damage to their health. Rediculous.

I was thinking, Sniper shot to the head on MAX's opens up their armour to further attack from either you or infantry, something that maybe auto repairs over time. Could add some interesting teamplay mechanics, shooting a MAX's back panal off to open him up to a backstab? Wouldnt have to be any more dramatic than a particle effect on a MAX's armour.