PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - [Merged] Planetside 2 & TrackIR
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-14, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
HoovesMcG
Corporal

Talking Re: TRACK IR??

Originally Posted by Kaotc View Post
I did not say I personally would rather SOE developed it, i think you should re-read my post?

my point being:

SOE have the technology in house(and by in house, i mean within the Sony group of companies), what business their right mind would pay someone else to licence technology from, when if they REALLY wanted to, they could do it themselves with not a lot of effort?

I mean they made a ground up new graphics engine for the game, rather than pay Epic(or someone else) for the new Unreal Engine....

You sir, have zero idea if you think Natural Point will just give SOE their code for nothing just because they would have an opportunity of selling more gaming rigs

Lol wow. You know natural point released an sdk to allow devs to include it in their games. The sdk is free. Even if they charged for their software ( whih they dont). They have no legal rights to freelook. Which is all track ir needs to function. You think developing, perfecting,marketing, packaging, shipping their own version of track ir instead of coding 3 lines of freelook code is a better idea? You might need an economics 101 lesson.

You just assuming there is a fee and not researching natural point products or technology just makes you look ignorant. Not cool or smart like you are.attempting to be.

What i really dont get is why you hate the idea so much when you arent going to buy one. Why do you care if its in the game or not?

If others want to enjoy the tech and it might bring even more players to the world of PS. Why would you lobby against it?

Im not asking for it to be the primary control device. Just a device that is supported as much as a joystick would be.

EDIT: You know what I just realized. The sony playstation EYE, is one of the best cameras people use for Facetrack NOIR.

http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm.

You can also use Free track

http://www.free-track.net/english/

Its the EYE with third party software that runs great! all for about 20 bucks. Would you use it now since sony made the eye?

Last edited by HoovesMcG; 2012-02-14 at 06:09 PM.