PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: PC Gamer April Issue with Beta Key
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-15, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #194
VioletZero
First Lieutenant

Re: PC Gamer April Issue with Beta Key

Originally Posted by Shanesan View Post
You guys realize that "priority beta" like this - people getting beta in magazines - means that they don't give a shit about beta, and it's just an advertisement, right?

They should be taking this beta seriously, but instead Sony is proving they don't care about the balance or gameplay testing, and they'll just throw in random people to play and make the game look terrible.

Once again, Sony is showing their skill at making terrible decisions.
Actually, throwing in random people would be PREFERABLE.

What they want is to sample from random groups of people to get a wide range of feedback. But this beta clearly favors planetside fans.

Not saying their input isn't important but you can't have them, or any other specific group, be the dominant voice in feedback. For example, if this forum is any indication, fans just want Planetside 1 again when it was in its "good old days"(Read: Not BFRs) with better graphics. Knowing MMO gamers, and I do, we all have a very gilded view of the good old days.

Although I disagree with the method, I'm not going to argue with getting priority in the beta for selfish reasons.