PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - NPC's in planetside?
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-21, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #207
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: NPC's in planetside?

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
This.

If they want planetside 2 then vets are essential otherwise it will be wow with guns.
This is such a blisteringly asinine statement that it's all the more evidence to me that PS1 vets will be more of a burden than a help. Adding in NPCs which do not fight at all and which merely offer more complex game objectives will turn this into "WoW with guns"? Do you really mean that? I mean, you're using a computer so I assume your brain works well enough to see how that's a balls-out retarded thing to say.

Being outright opposed to anything which differs from PS1 isn't helpful. PS2 will need more complex "game modes" as such. You can't just expect simple cap-and-hold objectives to be the pinnacle of MMOFPS gameplay. How long was it before deathmatch was replaced by team deathmatch, and then stuff like king of the hill, or payload, or capture the flag became the gameplay du jour?

Having NPCs and stuff which have a purpose insofar as objectives are concerned but which do not fight in any way would enable something more complex than hack a console, wait 30 minutes. Giving that possibility a knee-jerk "NO THIS ISN'T WOW" response isn't a serious reaction, and I fear for Planetside 2's future if unimaginative replies like that are ever taken seriously.