PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - If you were SOE, what would your 3 year development be?
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-25, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Whats your three year plan?

Since the game is launching with Indar, Esamir, and Amerish I'd probably go with something like the following which would keep me buying things and playing the game. It's hard to make a detailed 3 years plan without spending a lot of time so I left out smaller cash shop updates which are kind of assumed. The game will probably fueled by content so I included some weapon and vehicle updates I'd like to see, but there would probably need to be a lot more over the 3 years with dedicated people adding them. Having 30+ weapons, 20+ vehicles with specific roles and purposes, not just adding them to add them, would be nice over 3 years and going into the future.
  • Year 1: 2013
    • January: Cash shop update: Release specials for initial players
    • February: Vehicle Update: ES Buggies
    • March: Indar cave update merging caves into the continents suface with holes (for infantry and air combat), Earthquake animation for the week randomly on Indar before the update.
    • April: Creature Pack 1 for Indar (Hostile desert creatures)
    • June: Weapon Update, Phoenix, Stryker, Lancer named weapons, not necessarily the same design
    • July: Vehicle Update: Squad remote artillery
    • August: Creature Pack 2 for Esamir (Hostile tundra creatures), Creature Pack 3 for Amerish (Hostile forest creatures)
    • September: Vehicle Update: Vulture dive bomber.
    • October: Cash shop, winter theme skins and vehicle camo and decals
    • November: Continent Update, Ceryshen released (glacial world with bridges)
    • December, First non-beta Christmas, trees and lights in bases specials in the store for hats. Snowball gun added in cash shop
  • Year 2 2014
  • Year 3 2015
    • January: Creature Pack 5 Searhus (Hostile volcanic creatures)
    • February: Skill-Tree Update: Implants Ability Unlocks (4 per class)
    • March: Vehicle Update: Phantasm (Cloaked light transport)
    • April: Continent Update: Floating Islands Added to Indar (Large land masses in the sky connected with bridges)
    • June: Weapon Update: ???
    • July: Continent Update: Hossin released
    • August: Creature Pack 6 Hossin (Hostile swamp creatures)
    • September: Weapon Update: ???
    • October: Floating Islands added over Searhus
    • November: Graphics Update: Vehicle Entering/Exiting Animations (GPUs have upgraded)
    • December: Graphics Update: Overall graphics and texture updates to keep the game modern.

So 3 new continents added to a guessed 3 released ones and some new weapons. Also assuming that technology and people's computers will get better slightly over 3 years has to be taken into account near the 3rd year as I listed.