PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why you shouldn't plan on playing PlanetSide 2 on a laptop
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-04, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Re: Why you shouldn't plan on playing PlanetSide 2 on a laptop

My laptop runs the AMD Llano chip, aka fustion APU. It has some decent integrated graphics. Massively better than the useless HD3000 crap in intel chips. I actually got it to use with my telescope's celestial camera so wasnt planning on gaming but it runs pretty much everything great. L4D2 maxed at 60+fps, WoW with all but shadows maxed at great FPS, etc. I see no reason it wont also run PS2 on atleast medium settings. And btw, i got a steal on this thing for around 400 bux, i think its closer to 500-550 now without that insane sale.

Its a 14", so its size is about the minimum before the screen gets too small to game on. It has HDMI output too if i need to hook it up to a monitor or hdtv. But on that small screen, i will be able to turn on most any setting that you could actually perceive and so it will look awesome. Now if i output it to a larger screen such as the 47" my main Desktop runs on, then yeah you might see not every graphic feature is on, but if you are outputting to a tv or monitor and gaming alot you should prob just get a desktop anyway.

Its in no way gonna compare with my OC'd 4.2ghz i7-2600k + OC'd GTX580, but for a portable system that cost a quarter as much, and esp on a screen that small, it will work just fine.
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.