PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Light Assault Ammo Drop
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-07, 06:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Dale
Private

Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop

I think there could be some interesting gameplay if ammo drops are implemented correctly. I guess the right way to go would be to make the ammo drop skill a cert, and the amount of ammo drops limited, which could be improved upon by certing more in to that category.

This way we would not see every Light Assault trooper running around and dropping boxes left and right. Rather, we would see a important assist role arise where these agile troopers aid their teammates with ammo-runs between, let's say a Gal and a forward position in a base that is currently being raided.

For example, You and your squad mates hot drop from a galaxy in to a enemy base. You encounter heavy resistance and are forced to move in to a house for better protection. The problem is that you have a limited supply of ammo. Fortunatly, reinforcements are not too far from your position and your Gal has landed close by. To keep this forward position before being able to push forward it's important that your teammates keep having ammo to fire. So your job is to move out and get more ammo crates from the Gal and then make your way back to your squad.

An interesting counter-tactic for the defending team in this case is to flank the opponent and block incoming ammo-runs, which eventually would lead to the forward positions demise.

Similar to BF3, you will be rewarded for aiding your group with ammo and we see yet another sort of game-style you can choose in PS2.