PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why K:D, Deaths, streaks and other stats are bad, and how PS2 can evolve the genre
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-07, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Re: Why K:D, Deaths, streaks and other stats are bad, and how PS2 can evolve the genr

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
Yea. Teams get things done, deciding battles, and moving them forward. But they get less kills and worse k/d over someone who ignore goal of battle and just killwhoring.
Core gameplay supports teamwork, but for new players is shrouded under shiny killstreak popups, and k/d stat tracking, that they will focus on that instead trying to discover and understand core gameplay.
Thats what i mean when i say that killwhoring is more promoted, and cooperation is hidden somewhere under not seen and not promoted (unless someone who know about it show it to you)
If you are so focused on playing as a team then why do you care about your K/D ratio?

If a newbie wants to join your team then you are going to have to train them to play as one. If you want your hardcore war realism then there you go.

Promoting shiny things is needed for Planetside to survive launch and to maintain through it's lifetime. The zerg will always exist and is a healthy component to Planetside. Removing features to keep people from zerging hurts the game as a whole to benefit the few.

Last edited by ArmedZealot; 2012-03-07 at 02:28 PM.