PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - KONY 2012
Thread: KONY 2012
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-10, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Whalenator
Second Lieutenant

Re: KONY 2012

Originally Posted by krnasaur View Post
Don't flame me for this, but IMO Africa just needs a do-over. That place is so volatile it is scary. They just need to re write all of the boarder and make it like 6 or 7 large countries. When the Europeans wrote the boarders for Africa most of the countries were left land-locked and have 0 way to trade. give each of the countries access to the ocean atleast they will have some way to trade/export and the governments there won't be as dirt poor as they are now. Right now if we go and send troops to stop this rebellion in 6 months another rebellion will pop up in another shitcan country.

My other idea (which will probably be less liked) is we pull ALL support from africa. Right now it seems all of our money and effort (that could be spent at home fixing our problems) are being wasted in africa because we want to build a school and teach little afika how to read, and will most likely die anyway from contaminated water or something in 6 weeks. I say let Darwinism run its course down there in Africa and they can fix their own problems.
I understand how you could think that an entire continent housing well over one billion people, all with their own opinions, thoughts and culture, could be reclaimed with such simple and arrogant ideas as rewriting borders or withdrawing support. Oh wait, scratch that. I don't understand how you could think that.

The problems that exist in Africa today -- War, Poverty, Oppression -- are all products of humanity, formed over thousands of years. The widely-believed "fact" that Africa is most a barren landscape comprised mostly of grasslands and deserts is a lie. Take it from somebody who's been there that Africa is one of the lusher continents out there. So I suppose while a hostile environment could have been a contributor to the massive humanitarian crisis Africa is today, a more likely cause is (as you mentioned) the rapid withdrawal of European influence that began in the 50's with Libya's independence. Most of the newly birthed nation-states creating during said withdrawal were in no way prepared to govern themselves, and corrupt leaders usually came to power, beginning a tradition of corruption and negligence from the top that continues to this day.

If I could choose one problem that plagues the poorer half of Africa the most, it would be leadership. Those who are in power and those struggling for power. But at this point the populace of Africa have become so accustomed to their corrupt dictators they are to the point of defending them, and the civilized part of the world can't help those that don't want help (We do anyways though).

NC Brig. General ಠ_ರೃ