PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Greetings from Mordor(EA UK BF3 forums)
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-11, 06:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Greetings from Mordor(EA UK BF3 forums)

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Good to hear we may get an extra stick to retain some features: the changes are NOT needed to appeal to at least part of the target populace masses.

Might be interesting to poll the BF3 playerbase in the non-official forums about such features now and then as well. mind, you can still play PlanetSide 1 and see what it was like to some extend. Otherwise I would recommend youtube. Loads of videos about outfit coordinated strikes.
I'd advise to not play PS1 to find out what it was like. It's pretty zergy now but in the old days with large pops it was incredible.

On gal drops, I'd say there were 2 types. Those designed to overwhelm the enemy and to win and those designed to disrupt.

We often did a gal drop to disrupt. Essentially if you empire is attacking a base but not making progress we would load up 1/2 gals and fly over the battle-line to take a key point, such as spawnroom or CC. This would force the enemy to turn-around and look behind them.
We wouldn't expect to win but the disrupt would p0ften allow the rest of out empire to advance into the base courtyard and win from that position.

I guess from what I have seen from ps2 this tactic would still be viable.

Last edited by ringring; 2012-03-11 at 06:25 AM.