PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Greetings from Mordor(EA UK BF3 forums)
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-11, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Re: Greetings from Mordor(EA UK BF3 forums)

Once a base was hacked it took 15 minutes for it to change possession. This sometimes created unique battles, but usually resulted in a lot of people just waiting around with only friendlies to shoot for a while. If the generator and spawn tubes where destroyed the only hope of the defending team re-securing is usually by a Gal drop, right on top of the base.

There where also LLU (Latic Logic Unit) bases like CTF where once hacked you had to take this module to another base to cap it.

In PS1 every base was linked to others. So you had to capture them in succession, you couldn't just go to the middle of a continent and cap a base (unless the power went neutral, you powered it up, and hacked it).

But in PS2 the time it takes to capture one of the hex territories is increased depending on how much joining territories you have. So going behind enemy lines won't be impossible, just harder/longer.

and I can't tell you how many times I've started flying away from a hacked base after waiting 10 minutes, and only a couple left. As I get out of range of the base I see it was re-secured, I turn around and arrive to like 3 enemy AA MAXs, 2 squads of infantry, and 2 Gals soaring past the base.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2012-03-11 at 10:30 AM.