PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What we know about Beta.
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-14, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
Kipper
Captain

Re: I got a ? for matt. This is a hard ? but needs to be asked.

I'm not usually one for beta testing but I've been all over PS2 since I heard about it (and glad to have found a place where I can enthuse about it) and I would love to get in....

...But patience, my friends, is a virtue. Everyone will get to play in the end, regardless, and I actually don't expect the beta periods to last that long anyway, probably more to test the hardware and rough balancing than anything else... (to prevent embarassment of servers falling over after general release, or to jump on major bugs/imbalances that weren't picked up by dev testing)

Don't forget its an MMO, so rules/balance can and will be changed whenever the data shows that something is too strong, or too weak, regardless of whether the game has been out for 5 minutes or 5 years. The job of the players is to find the best kit, and use it mercilessly. The job of the developers is to make sure there is no 'best' kit and that there is a variation of tactics to keep it fun.

For those lucky enough to get their hands on it early - congratulations. For those who don't - its not the end of the world!

(Also, I read somewhere that Planetside veterans would get other goodies on their account, so even if you didn't get to play early, we'll probably get some nice freebie cosmetics or weapon sidegrades that set you apart.)

Last edited by Kipper; 2012-03-14 at 05:55 PM.