PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Shields Replacing Armor - Good or Bad Change?
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-19, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Shields Replacing Armor - Good or Bad Change?

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
Well tbh every single person in PS1 had med and eng certed, it was still a solo action of hiding behind something, the only different is you had to equip your med/eng app first, rather than just wait.
Sure, Except for being unable to shoot while self healing, and the time it took, and the necessity for others to cove you during the action, weather it was on self or another. As opposed to being able to defend yourself, and the shield Regen kicking in after 5 seconds. There is also no resource drain on shields, unlike Med/Repair glue. The system was designed in other titles to remove the need of others.

And again, everyone having the ability was an issue late in PS life, they broke the cert system by giving everyone a ton of certs. Its also unrelated to the what I am saying.

Its OK, I understand. Remove anything that keeps you from running and gunning, or any reliance on others to achieve goals.

Taking design points from games that have refined themselves to remove any reliance or necessity of others does not bode well for a team based title.

But I suppose this is what the current generation wants.

Last edited by MrBloodworth; 2012-03-19 at 01:31 PM.