PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Resources And Vehicle Timers for Upgrade Balance
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-19, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Resources And Vehicle Timers for Upgrade Balance

Originally Posted by Brusi View Post
How do they make money in your proposed system? Premuim for a higher cap isn't a bad solution, but not sure it would be enough.
Wasn't covered really. The most balanced solution is 1 Resource Unit per 5 seconds causing a linear growth. I didn't want to go into detail into a proposed solution since it's easy to poke holes into it. However, I'll explain how I'd want it to go:

You have a buffer bar that indicates faction loyalty of your player. This bar goes from 0 to 100% where 100% represents complete loyalty and support. Now a player can go above 100% easily by just playing the game. This caps out at 1000%. Completing missions, getting kills, or support experience for healing friendlies makes this bar go up percentage points. Over time the bar decreases. Just playing normally and having fun will keep it over 100% most of the time. Killing friendlies would drop percentage marks. (Not having someone hit you with a vehicle. Actually shooting and hurting a friendly would drop it).

Say the neutral resources are called "Nanites" that can't be bought or sold or anything. At 0% faction loyalty you get no Nanites. At 25% you'd get 1 every 10 seconds. At 50% you'd get 1 every 8 seconds. At 75% you'd get 1 every 6 seconds and at 100% you'd get 1 every 5 seconds. Give or take. The numbers are just examples.

This means that players actually helping their faction would be getting resources to have fun with and upgrade and acquire vehicles with. Someone just sitting in a base AFK would notice their loyalty drops to 0% after say an hour of doing nothing cutting off their funds. This type of resource is completely individual. They aren't linked to outfit or faction resources. That's why you noticed I said there is no trading earlier. Players that want to get a vehicle together that's costly invest in it together. Their Nanite resource in this example is solely gotten by what they accomplish in the game.

Also this promotes a linear growth rate such that even losing factions are usually at 100% of their empire's loyalty even for just defending and getting things as simple as kills. And most of all it punishes people that go AFK. Feel free to poke holes in the design. Maybe the developers have something similar in mind.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2012-03-19 at 10:23 PM.