PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Tank drivers acting as gunners in PS2
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-02, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #664
CollinBRTD
Private

Re: Tank drivers acting as gunners in PS2

Again and again

If a tank needs to have 2 or 3 persons to operate it needs to be VERY powerfull. This concept was already broken in PS1. (Raider). If you want to balance this vehicle against the reaver/mossi and the vanu crap which is NOBODY saying it should have a driver and a gunner. Tanks need to be way more powerfull.

I see this in PS1 when Reavers take down Prowlers even with this crappy third gun (which nobody wants to gun) you always feel robbed.

Now people say the reaver is a totaly different vehicle in game and it can be taken down by AA. But the three man tank has to fear even more. Mines/AV Max/AV inf aso.

Even worse when i see the alpha videos atm the Reaver seems to have very powerfull first strike weapons and even with aa on your tank i guess you will take more damage then the reaver. The Reaver can fly back reapair and rearm in no time while the tank is sitting duck.

So why do people argue that tanks need to have 2-3 gunners? First i say one or two have valid arguments that it fits the theme of Planetside but most of people fear the loss of the exclusivity of the soloaircav and its powers in the field.

I say IF a driver/gunner tank rolls in PS2 this tank NEEDS to be really strong and a single seater vehicle should not even have the slightest chance taking it down. I see here the lightning and MBT in PS1 were nicely balanced, but the Reaver/Raider/Skyguard/Buggies were very broken. While the reaver was WAY to strong especially the Raider and skyguard were way to weak for its manpower and amour. It was bad before the stealth reaverbuff but became totally silly afterwards.

Last edited by CollinBRTD; 2012-04-02 at 08:52 AM.